Child Tax Credit

Can I take a credit for child and dependent care expenses?

Yes, you can take a credit of up to 35% of your expenses as long as your child is under the age of 13 and the service is provided while you are working or looking for work. Qualifying expenses include your share of the federal and state employment taxes you pay, as well as the employee’s wages. Realisticaly, you might get a $600 credit.